What is an SA102 form?
The SA102 is a supplementary form that will need to be completed if you are employed, whether it’s part-time, full-time or casual employment.
Who should complete an SA102 form?
You will need to complete the SA102 if you are in employment including:
- work for an employer who deducts tax through PAYE
- hold an office such as a chairperson, secretary or treasurer and received an income for that work
- received income as a company director
- received foreign income from a job, directorship or office
- work for one person through another company or partnership
- had an outstanding balance on a disguised remuneration loan from an employer or ex-employer at 5 April 2019
Important: You’ll need to fill in a separate “Employment” page for each job, directorship or office you held in the year and for each employment where a disguised remuneration loan charge applies, even if the employment ceased in an earlier year.
How do I fill in the SA102?
You can find the SA102 form here. If you usually file a Self Assessment tax return every year, HMRC might also send it to you.
You will be asked to provide information about your employment such as:
- Employment income (on your P45 or P60)
- Employment benefits (only if your employer has given you a P11D)
- Employment expenses
- Any disguised remuneration loans
The HMRC also provides detailed SA102 guidelines for each item on the form.
How do I submit the SA102 form?
You can submit the SA102 alongside your SA100–it cannot be filed alone.
Do I need to use an SA102 if I file my tax return online?
No, you will only need to fill out the SA102 if you submit your tax return on paper.
There are many benefits to filing online–it is much easier and the sections you need to fill out will automatically be supplied.
With GoSimpleTax, you can make this tax season easy.. Our software will sort through your income and expense details and provide only the sections relevant to you. Start your free trial today!
Take the stress out of doing your tax return
Automation and one-click shortcut integrations mean completing a self assessment with our software is a simple, quick and stress-free process.
GoSimpleTax provides you with a clear step-by-step process which means your tax return will be submitted faultlessly and painlessly.
Our analysis tools proactively gives prompts for claimable expenses that you may not have been aware of so you save money.
Automatic calculations ensure your tax return is submitted accurately so you don’t have to worry about making mistakes.