GoSimple Limited (“GoSimple”, “Us” or “We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller, GoSimple is trading style of Gosimple Software Limited 2 Cromwell Court, Oldham, Lancashire, OL1 1ET registered at the Information Commissioner’s Office (REG. No. ZA120006).
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms when using our site at www.gosimpletax.com (the “Website”) or through other means, registering to use the Website, subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, amounts paid, traffic data, location data, blogs and other communication data and the resources that you access;
- device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information).
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All HMRC passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features which you provide to us are stored locally and are destroyed as soon as the tax return is submitted.
All other information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that the Website and their content are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your mobile device or computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to analyse the ways in which you use the Website to ensure you get the best experience;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- to notify you about changes to our service.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- in order to obtain analytics information which helps us to provide you with a good experience when you visit our Website and also allows us to improve our Website;
- if GoSimple or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.