UK freelancers, get your UTR number now!

Have you filed a self-assessment tax return in the past? If so, you'll find your UTR on any correspondence HMRC sent you about the previous tax return.

The Unique Taxpayer Reference is a 10-digit number completely unique to you and required to file a tax return.

If you are a freelancer, landlord or company director, sign up below to get the request form filled out with the right information, ready to sign and post to HMRC in a couple of minutes:

How long does it take?

HMRC can take up to 6 weeks to send out your UTR number, so make sure you apply for one today to ensure you don’t miss any important deadlines.

Without a UTR number, HMRC will not allow you to file their tax return. Act early and register for self-assessment to avoid potential fines!

Where to find your UTR number?

If you have filed a self-assessment tax return before, you can find your UTR in 3 different places. You can find it on your

  • Inland Revenue form SA100
  • Inland Revenue form SA316
  • statement of account

Requesting a UTR number with SimpleTax couldn't be easier, apply for one today

Fill out the reason to request UTR from HMRC. Get HMRC form ready to go. Fast & easy!