As mentioned in our previous post we were introducing a small charge for using SimpleTax to file your Self Assessment Tax Returns as from the 1 December 2015. These charges are now in place and are as follows:
2014/15 and early Years
- £5 per return covers the basic return (SA100), employment schedule (SA102), self employed (SA103) schedule and the rental schedule (SA105).
- £10 per return if you require any schedules not listed above. New scheduled will be being added over the next few months, during December we are planning on releasing Ministers of Religion (SA102M) and Foreign schedules (SA106).
- ALL returns will be charged at £12.99.
We will be offering discount codes for existing users to help keep any charges to a minimum.
The blog will be updated with details of further updates and new schedules on an ongoing basis.
2016/17 onwards (Updated April 2017)
Since the start of the last tax year, the following new features have been added to SimpleTax, all driven by customer feedback and suggestions:
- A free to use smartphone/tablet app (iOS and Android) that will allow for scanning and recognition of receipts and the filing of simple tax returns to HMRC – this will continue to be developed as we move towards Making Tax Digital (MTD)
- Form R40 – for the reclaim of interest
- Partnership pages (SA104)
- Foreign pages (SA106)
- Trusts (SA107)
- Capital Gains (SA108)
- Residency pages (SA109)
- Partnership Tax (SA800) which will be released soon.
SimpleTax is now one of the most functional and capable taxation products available in the UK to individuals who need to file tax returns to HMRC. The new smartphone/tablet app also assists individuals, sole traders and unincorporated micro businesses in the keeping of records necessary for their tax return, and importantly for keeping compliant when MTD starts to be rolled out. We are one of the few suppliers who will guide you through the transition in a seamless manner.
Additionally, SimpleTax is the only taxation package that is truly cross platform – you can access it from your phone, your tablet or your PC – allowing you to work on or keep track of your tax affairs wherever you are.
As a result of this continued investment we have revised our pricing structure, detail of which can be found here.
If you have purchased from us before, you will have received an email with a loyalty discount voucher – please look out for this in your email.