The GDPR deadline is 25 May 2018 and we’ve invested a lot of time and effort in preparing for it. Here’s what the GoSimple Software team have done to ensure we’re ready for the General Data Protection Regulation:
- We did an audit to double check that we know what personal data we collect and hold, and what we use it for.
- We’ve added tick boxes where needed to get consent and ensure that we’re processing data on an appropriate lawful basis.
- We’re asking for marketing consent, and from the 25th May will only be communicating where explicit consent has been granted.
- We have updated our Data Protection Policies to make sure they are GDPR compliant and will be publishing these shortly.
- We have a clear Incident Management Plan in the event of a data breach.
- We have been reviewing third parties to check that those third parties are GDPR compliant.
- Security measures have been checked to make sure data is safe.
- Training has started to reinforce to staff that data security is a priority and we’re teaching everyone best practices when it comes to data and security. This training will be ongoing, keeping it fresh in everyone’s mind.